Are you searching for a roast beef sandwich recipe? Then this article might just be what you are looking for. We have provided the roasted beef sandwich recipe from ingredients to nutrition facts. Roast beef sandwich is loaded with roasted beef slices on bun along with sauces and vegetables.
There are several types of roast beast sandwich recipes based on individual preference. This roast beef sandwich recipe specifically includes horseradish sauce and Kaiser bun to enhance the flavor of the sandwich. If this is something you would like to try then definitely read this article.
Now let’s start with the roast beef sandwich recipe.
Roast Beef Sandwich Recipe
In its simplest form a roast beef sandwich is a sandwich with sliced roasted beef between two slices of bread. Taking this simple recipe people have added more ingredients to enhance the flavor of the roast beef sandwich. So you can have the simplest roasted beef sandwich or make a tasty variation of this same sandwich with some extra ingredients.
Ingredients For Roast Beef Sandwich
You can use these ingredients listed below or add and exclude some ingredients according to your preference. Feel free to experiment with this recipe.
- First and foremost to make roast beef sandwich you will need a good quality roasted beef if possible a ribeye roast. You can make it if you are skilled enough and have the proper utensils to make it. The easier way to make a roast beef sandwich is to buy roasted beef from a good roast beef maker.
- Next you will need sandwich bread, do try Kaiser bun, a favorite. Some of the breads you can choose from are French bread, White bread, Sourdough bread, Croissant and Ciabatta. No bread really are bad choices for roasted beef sandwich but these bread compliments well with roasted beef.
- Next you will need a sauce be it mustard sauce or horseradish sauce that goes will with this sandwich. Some additional condiments you need for making sauces are Worcestershire sauce, Aioli, Chimichurri, mayonnaise and pepper and sea salt.
- Lettuce to get a crunch in your sandwich and also its healthy. You can use micro-greens or arugula if you like them or any other greens.
- You can add vegetables like tomato slices, red onions and radish slices.
- A good quality cheddar cheese enhances your roasted beef sandwich, so definitely try it.
Process Of Making Roast Beef Sandwich
- Start by cutting slices of tomatoes, red onions and radishes. Set them in a separate dish.
- Next you need to make creamy horseradish sauce. To make horseradish sauce you will need one tablespoon of mayo, half cup sour cream, one tablespoon apple cider vinegar, finely chopped chives, two tablespoon crushed and drained horseradish and some salt and pepper according to your preference.
In a mixing bowl add these ingredients and stir it to mix all the ingredients together. Your horseradish sauce is ready to be served fresh or stored in refrigerator for up to two weeks. Horseradish sauce has 35 kcal calories and 3 g fat.
- If you are slicing your roast beef then use a sharp knife or meat slicer to cut thin slices of roast beef.
- Cut two slices of your choice of bread in this recipe Kaiser bun is being used for the sandwich.
- Add the your choice of lettuce or greens to the bottom bum of the roast beef sandwich, for this recipe we are using arugula greens.
- Now top the greens with cheddar cheese and layer your horseradish sauce on it. This ensures your bottom bun not getting soggy.
- Put slices of roast beef on the cheese and horseradish sauce. You can add greens in-between roast beef slices.
- Then take your red onion slices and radish slices and put on top of the roast beef slices.
- Then put the tomato slices.
- Lastly cover the tomato slices with another slice of Kaiser bun.
Your roasted beef sandwich is ready to serve and eaten.
How To Store Make-Ahead Roast Beef Sandwich
You can also make a make-ahead roast beef sandwich which needs to be properly stored to be enjoyed later. Make-ahead roasted beef sandwich can bee prepared and kept up to 2 days. To enjoy this roasted beef sandwich toy will need to store the bread slices or buns, toppings, roasted beef slices and horseradish cream all separately.
These ingredients should be stored in separate plastic bag and refrigerate it for up to 1 week post assemble of the roasted beef sandwich. These ingredients cannot be freezed as they don’t do well when freezed.
Nutrition Facts Of Roast Beef Sandwich
Here’s the nutrition facts about roasted beef sandwich so that you are updated about the calorie factor of roasted beef sandwich.
|Nutrition FactsPortion Size 87 g
|Amount Per Portion Calories 212
|% Daily Value*
|Total Fat 9 g 12%
|Saturated Fat 3 g 15%
|Cholesterol 26 mg 9%
|Sodium 568 mg 25%
|Total Carbohydrate 19 g 7%
|Dietary Fiber 1.1 g 4%
|Sugar 3.3 g
|Protein 13 g 26%
|Vitamin D 0mcg 0%
|Calcium 48mcg 4%
|Iron 2.3 mg 13%
|Potassium 195 mg 4%
|* The percentage of Daily Value (DV) refers to the amount of nutrients per food serving contributes to a daily diet. In general, 2000 calories a day is normally advised.
Best Roast Beef Sandwich You Can Try In The World.
There are some places in the world where you find a mean roasted beef sandwich when you don’t want to make it. Some of these places are listed below.
- Philippe the Original, located in Los Angeles, California, makes a mean roast beef sandwich.
Address- 1001 N Alameda St, Los Angeles, CA 90012, USA
- Langer’s Delicatessen Restaurant located in Los Angeles, California.
Address- 704 S Alvarado St, Los Angeles, CA 90057, USA
- Sam LaGrassa’s located in Boston, Massachusetts.
The Address- 44 Province St, Boston, MA 02108, USA
- Katz’s Delicatessen located in Manhattan, New York.
Address- 205 E Houston St, New York, NY 10002, USA
- Brent’s Deli located in Los Angeles, California.
Address- 19565 Parthenia St, North ridge, Los Angeles, CA 91324, USA
- Eleven City Diner located in Chicago, Illinois.
The Address- 1112 S Wabash Ave, Chicago, IL 60605, USA
Try these places if its located near you or if you are visiting.
Let us know how did you liked this recipe and what was your experience of making roast beef sandwich using this recipe.
Best Roast Beef Sandwich Place In The World