Surfing is one of the most popular sports in Australia with around 2.5 million of the population getting involved. The feeling of fun and freedom while challenging and riding the waves attracts millions of holidaymakers, too, wanting to either watch from the shore or give it a go for themselves. Getting away from it all and being young and wild are emotions that are fantastic for overall wellness, so there’s little wonder that it’s so popular. The Billabong surfing suits are the ones that you must try.
To enjoy surfing to the max there’s no point playing at it. You need protection and confidence to look as well as feel good, offering the best chance to get the most out of the ocean adventures. This is why men’s Billabong wetsuits continue to be winners with the surfing fraternity.
- The wetsuits are produced to the highest quality and offer the best chance of peak performance while riding the waves. They offer durability, which adds value for money to the items, as well as innovation through continual testing and using technology as well as being stylish with a wide range to choose from to suit all shapes and sizes. Surfers choosing Billabong will stand out from the rest both in fashion and in results in the water.
Craftsmanship With Ultimate Functionality
- Craftsmanship with cutting-edge technology, along with ultimate functionality, continues to be popular, thanks to the attention to detail provided with every wetsuit. Comfort and protection are key features which lead to increased confidence in a surfer who knows that they will not be let down by their clothing. They are also likely to know all about essential sun protection accessories to keep them safe from the rays.
- It’s not just surfers that benefit when choosing Billabong, as those who partake in other water sports find the same benefits and advantages over those wearing alternative products. Each activity is considered in the design, which offers features such as stretch fabrics. Thermal insulation may be most welcome, as will the strategically placed seams that come as part of the wetsuits to allow enhanced performance and enjoyment.
- Comfort plays a big part when surfing as it means no distractions trying to make adjustments that may be restricting the fun. A snug and flexible fit is provided by the anatomical panel construction in each design, which restricts water getting inside and poses other issues. Such excellence in craftsmanship with ergonomics at the forefront allows maximum enjoyment. Maybe those watching on from a bowls club overlooking the ocean will be impressed.
The Ability To Withstand Such Challenges
- The ocean pounding away at the body and wetsuit can be powerful, so having equipment that is durable and able to withstand such challenges is another highlight. Abrasion-resistant materials, along with reinforced stitching, guarantee protection and ensure that it is built to last for session after session in the water.
Things To Consider While Buying The Wetsuit
The wetsuit’s thickness must be one determinant of getting a quality suit. But at the same time, it helps you provide flexibility. The common thickness for the swimsuits is around 3/2 mm. Remember, 3 is the thickness in the torso area, and 2 represents the arm’s thickness. But it may be that you may feel cold. In that case, the 4/3 suit can be preferable for you.
Seal vs. Unsealed
Yes, you have to solve a particular conundrum while buying these suits. People need help with the Sealed vs Unsealed. The suits that are of the entry levels are generally not sealed. Then what is a sealed wetsuit?
It is a suit where the seams are not well stitched together. But at the same time, they are glued with liquid tape. It stops water from seeping into the suit and making you cold.
Now, the seams in the surfing suits are of three variants: the fully taped seams, the glued seams, and the liquid taped seams.
The tape is glued to the inside of the seam in the critical areas to add additional strength. The liquid tape is the ultimate seam seal. It is a special liquid rubber applied inside the seam (it makes the suit 100% waterproof).
Length And Style Of Swimsuits
Surfing suits are of different lengths and have different lengths attached to them. There you have the steamer, which is a full-length wetsuit. It is ideal for the winter. Then you have the short-armed steamer. Its arm length is half, but the length of its leg is full.
This type of suit is ideal for the short winter surfs. Then you have the Short John suits. They are sleeveless in the arms. They are available in longer or shorter leg lengths. This suit aids in paddling. Then you have the jacket or the wetsuit top.
Chest Zip vs Back Zip
Traditionally, the surfing wetsuits used to have a zipper on the back. It facilitated easy entry. Moreover, the zipper was located on the back. It is done in a place where you will not feel pain or discomfort. The Chest Zip suits are more flexible through the back. They are also more water-tight and stop water from getting into the body. The only disadvantage is that they can be difficult to get into, especially if you have a larger frame.
Apart from all the points mentioned above, you must consider the size when buying the wetsuits. The sizes can differ between the brands. Remember, the wetsuit needs to be tight.
Surfing is fantastic fun that offers an amazing experience, with those choosing Billabong wetsuits guaranteed to get the most from it. Ultimate protection, durability, perfect fits, and technology-driven design ensure enjoyment without distraction for many seasons to come.