Are you looking for an easy peppermint bark recipe that you can make at home? Then you must definitely read this article. In this article we have listed a five-ingredients peppermint bark recipe so that you can enjoy making it at home.
We have also provided a nutrition facts of peppermint bark so that you can enjoy the peppermint bark without feel conscious about gaining too much weight this holiday season.
What is Peppermint Bark?
Peppermint bark is a confection made of chocolate and peppermint candy pieces. The confection offers a minty flavor and usually comprises of white chocolate layer over dark chocolate and topped with crushed candies or candy canes. But peppermint bark can be referred to any chocolate with peppermint flavored candy pieces.
Peppermint bark recipe is popularly made during the Christmas season and companies like Williams Sonoma, Dove and Ghirardelli sell it seasonally. Many companies like Hersey’s make peppermint kisses using chocolate and peppermint candies.
Although peppermint bark looks like a bark yet any candies with chocolate and peppermint are called peppermint bark.
5-Ingredients Peppermint Bark Recipe
Here’s a 5-ingredients peppermint bark recipe that you can enjoy making at home easily.
Peppermint Bark Ingredients
The 5 ingredients you need to make this peppermint bark recipe are listed below.
- Semisweet chocolate- To make the peppermint bark bottom layer you will need semisweet chocolate. You can use semisweet dark chocolate or milk chocolate to make the bottom layer. Just make sure to use high-quality chocolate for this peppermint bark recipe.
- White Chocolate- For the top layer of the peppermint bark you will need white chocolate of good quality.
- Peppermint Candies- You can use any peppermint candies for the crunch in the peppermint bark. Peppermint candies like candy canes also add minty flavors and colors to the peppermint bark. Crush these peppermint candies to adds to your peppermint bark.
- Peppermint Extract- To get peppermint flavor use peppermint extract. A bit of this extract can add enhance the minty flavor.
- Oil- Use a neutral oil like canola oil so add shine to the confection and so that the minty flavor don’t seize up.
Amount Of Ingredients Need To Make 20 servings of Peppermint Bark
To make 20 servings of this peppermint bark recipe you will need these amount of ingredients.
- You will need 8 ounces of semisweet chocolate. You need high-quality semisweet chocolate.
- Half teaspoon of peppermint extract divided into two equal parts.
- You will need 8 ounces of white chocolate. You need high-quality white chocolate.
- 25 peppermint candies that need to be crushed and divided in to equal parts for both the layers of chocolate.
- Two teaspoons of canola oil, one teaspoon for each layer of chocolate.
How To Make Peppermint Bark Recipe?
This Peppermint bark recipe is easy to make and makes a fun activity during the Christmas holidays for your family. So enjoy making this recipe. The step-by-step guide to make this recipe is given below.
- Bottom Layer– Start with making the bottom layer of the peppermint bark by using semisweet dark or milk chocolate. Melt the chocolate with canola oil or any neutral oil you have in your stock. Then add 1/4 teaspoon of peppermint extract in the melted chocolate and mix it. Then pour the melted chocolate in a tray and refrigerate it until it gets hard.
- Top Layer- Next you will make the top layer of the peppermint bark using white chocolate. Add white chocolate and canola oil to a pot and melt it. Then add 1/4 teaspoon of peppermint extract and stir it. Add this melted white chocolate over the refrigerated semisweet chocolate and sprinkle the crushed peppermint candies over it.
- Break the Peppermint Bark– Once the peppermint bark cools down and hardens, break it into pieces. The pieces do not need to be perfectly shaped and can have rough edges which makes it look more like bark.
How To Store Peppermint Bark?
You can store your peppermint bark pieces for a week when you make them in batches. Gift them to friends and family in the Christmas season. This is how you can store these peppermint bark. Use shallow and airtight containers to store the peppermint barks and refrigerate it which can last up to a week.
If you store your peppermint bark in airtight containers and leave it at room temperature which will last till up to 3 days.
Can You Freeze Peppermint Bark?
If you want to keep your peppermint bark for a long time, you can freeze them which will stay for a long time. You can freeze them for 6 months by overnight flash freezing the peppermint bark layer. Then break the pieces and store them in a zip-lock bag or freezer-safe container and freeze it. When you need to eat it, thaw it at room temperature and enjoy.
Nutrition Facts About Peppermint Bark
Here’s the nutrition facts about peppermint bark so that you can know how much peppermint bark you can have it within your calorie intake.
| Nutrition Facts
Serving Per Recipe: 20
|Amount Per serving
|% Daily Value*
|Total Fat 8 g 10%
Saturated Fat 4 g 65%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 2 mg 1%
Sodium 17 mg 1%
Total Carbohydrates 30 g 11%
Dietary Fiber 1 g 3%
Sugars 23 g
Protein 2 g
|Vitamin A 0%
Vitamin C 0 mg 0%
Calcium 22 mg 2%
Iron 1 mg 3%
Potassium 32 mg 1%
|*The percentage of Daily Value (DV) based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Hope this article was able to provide you with an easy Peppermint bark recipe that you can make at home. You can enjoy the peppermint bark you made this holiday season. Peppermint bark is easy to make and making it with your family during Christmas makes it a fun activity for the kids. So let us know how this recipe turned out for you and did you like the result.