Are you searching for ways to make hot cocoa bombs? Then you might find this article to your liking as we have listed different ways to make hot cocoa bombs. Hot cocoa bombs are effortless to make and you can create a fun activity of creating hot cocoa bomb during Christmas holidays.
Kids and adults both equally love hot chocolate during colder seasons as its sweet and warming. Christmas is a great time to make different types of hot chocolate. Keep reading to learn how to make hot cocoa bomb using different techniques.
Different Fun Ways To Make Hot Cocoa Bombs
Before starting to make hot cocoa bomb you will need to know what ingredients you need to make it.
- First you will need to have some good quality tempered chocolate. Tempered chocolate is chocolate that contains network of stabilized crystals that gives you chocolate a shiny finish and makes it less brittle when used for molds to create cocoa bombs or chocolate structures.
Tempered chocolate is important for making hot cocoa bombs as they are easier to manage and does not break or melt like non-tempered chocolate. Tempered chocolate has a higher heat absorption level than non-tempered chocolate. Hence, you can work on it without the fear of melting quickly.
- Next thing you will need are sphere molds like silicon molds or plastic molds or any sphere molds. If you need to purchase the sphere mold go for the silicon mold which is comparatively inexpensive and gives the makes shiny sphere molds. Silicon molds can be used for along time and easier to take out from the molds when the chocolate freezes.
- You will need to have a pastry brush to layer the tempered chocolate in your mold evenly. You can also use a spoon to layer the chocolate in the mold evenly.
- You will need a pan or skillet to melt your chocolate sphere halves to make a whole sphere.
- Optional things you will need to make hot cocoa bombs are protective gloves and instant-read thermometer so not to melt your chocolate over.
- For fillings in hot cocoa bomb you will need cocoa powder or chocolate powder, mini marshmallows, sprinkles, or any other filling of your choice. Sometimes people like something crunchy or a pinch of salt or sugar in their cocoa bombs. A bit of salt enhances the cocoa flavor.
How To Make Hot Cocoa Bombs Using Silicon Molds
Here’s how you can make hot cocoa bombs using silicon molds.
- Start by cleaning and drying your silicon mold. This will ensure your chocolate spheres are shiny, smooth and not brittle as unclean molds can make uneven chocolate spheres.
- Melt you tempered chocolate and put the melted chocolate in the mold. Using a pastry brush to even out the chocolate in the molds and refrigerate it for 5 minutes.
- One your chocolate is set apply another layer of chocolate and spread it out evenly and again refrigerate it. This ensures your chocolate sphere is harden so that you can work on it without melting it.
- Next remove the chocolate sphere from the mold by gently releasing the edges of the chocolate spheres from the mold.
- Heat a pan and melt the edges of the chocolate spheres get clean edges and to make whole spheres or cocoa balls.
- Next to make the hot cocoa bomb by fill half of the chocolate sphere with cocoa powder or chocolate powder and toppings like mini marshmallows, sprinkles, mini pretzels or any other toppings for your hot cocoa bombs.
- Once you have filled the cocoa bombs close the sphere halves by gently warming the sphere half edges and joining them.
- After the sphere are complete decorate then using white chocolate drizzle, sprinkles, crushed candy canes or edible glitters. Next freeze them to set.
Take one of these hot cocoa bombs and drop them in a cup of warm milk. As the cocoa bomb melts the filling will mix with your milk along with the chocolate creating a delicious hot chocolate.
How To Make Hot Cocoa Bombs Using DIY Aluminum Molds
Don’t have a silicon mold at house but you have aluminum foil then you can easily make hot cocoa bomb.
- Take a piece of aluminum foil and fold it in half twice to create a sturdy piece of aluminum foil.
- Next, take a round ball or sphere object not bigger than ping pong ball or tennis ball. Then wrap the aluminum foil nicely so that the foil takes on the sphere shape.
- Remove the ball or sphere object from the foil and cut the foil in half like half the hemisphere.
- Make more mold of half spheres and coat then with tempered chocolate to create chocolate spheres for hot cocoa bomb.
- Other process for making hot cocoa bombs are the same as the given recipe listed above.
How To Make Hot Cocoa Bombs Using Ice Cubes
You also make hot cocoa bomb using ice cubes. To form the shape of the ice use molds of any shape heart shape, sphere shape or even in star shape.
- Start by freezing water in your mold. Once the water freezes and forms an ice cube take it out of the mold.
- Take the melted tempered chocolate in a bowl and dip the ice cubes in the chocolate but not fully. Just submerge half the ice cube so the chocolate takes shape of your ice cube mold.
- Keep drying the ice cube in-between the process of dipping in the chocolate and freezing it. This ensures the ice cube shape is intact and you can take out the chocolate covering.
- To make hardy chocolate mold double din the ice cube mold in the chocolate to make double chocolate layer.
- The cold ice cube will easily harden the chocolate layer so that you can take it out and free then to create hot cocoa bombs.
- Follow the rest of the cocoa bomb making process of filling the half of the molds with cocoa powder and sprinkles or other toppings.
- The join the chocolate sphere by lightly melting the edges of the chocolate covering over hot pan. Then join the two half of the chocolate shapes to create a hot cocoa bomb.
We hope this article was able to provide you with different ways to make hot cocoa bombs easily. Let us know how the hot cocoa bomb turned out using these different methods.
Guide On How To Make Hot Cocoa Bombs